Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Star Wars: Red Harvest forum

zombie jedi?????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 28, 2010 5:47:28 PM PDT
L. Canepari says:
ok now I loved death troopers and I would love to see more with the stormtrooper zombies but zombie jedi??? that doesnot make any sence how would that even work?

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 5:48:58 PM PDT
L. Canepari says:
I'm still planning on getting this book the day it comes out and reading it nonstop until I finnish but i just dont get how zombie jedi would work I dunno do you know something I dont???

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 6:18:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 13, 2010 6:31:01 PM PDT
NLA says:
Sometime before the year 7,000 BBY, the Sith King Dathka Graush and his forces were the victors in one of Korriban's cyclical civil wars, and during his fifty-year reign over Korriban-one that the Sith considered to be full of terror and cruelty, even by their own standards-a substantial amount of corpses accumulated. Due in part to the sheer amount of raw material available to him, Graush's experiments with Sith alchemy and magic led to his discovery of a method of reanimating these corpses, thus forming a zombie army. Furthermore, during this time, Graush, using Sith magic and the most advanced technologies, had his heart replaced with a dark side, Force-sensitive crystal jewel that was imbued with over a thousand Sith spirits. After Graush was later assassinated, the spirits of his zombie army were captured in his heart, and the crystal was buried along with Graush's mummified remains in his tomb in Korriban's Valley of Golg. The zombies laid dormant for extended periods of time, only awakening when a being touched Graush's heart, releasing their spirits. The spirits then searched for their former bodies and new victims to infect.

Three millennia later, Jedi Knight Exar Kun-under guidance from the spirit of deceased Dark Lord Freedon Nadd-arrived on Korriban during his search for the knowledge and power possessed by the ancient Sith Lords. Kun's explorations of the planet led him to the Valley of the Dark Lords-a valley of burial tombs and temples-where he came upon scattered bones, the wreckage of a starship, and skeletons of long-dead space pirates; Kun surmised that he had found the remnants of tomb robbers. Nadd's spirit appeared at Kun's side and disclosed that Kun was seeing the remains of those who violated the will of the Dark Lords and their resting place. The spirit further explained that any being entering the domain of the Dark Lords was doomed to remain. Moments later, dark side energies-created by magic and machines at the time of the building of the tombs-whirled around the corpses, reanimating them. The zombies advanced on Kun, calling him a defiler and stating that they were the guardians of the tombs. As their attack began in earnest, the zombies claimed that no one was allowed to interrupt the sleep of the Dark Lords of the Sith. Nadd's spirit counseled Kun to take refuge in the Great Temple located nearby to escape the zombies and continue his investigation.

In the ensuing millennia, vague rumors passed amongst galactic spacers claiming that Sith alchemy could be used to reanimate corpses, and that Korriban zombies occasionally dispatched unlucky freighter crews. In 24 BBY, a group of four Jedi Knights and their respective Padawans, which included Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker, were forced to battle Korriban zombies during their pursuit of galactic criminal Granta Omega. Due in part to his obsession with the Sith and his hatred of the Jedi, Omega had obtained the support of a mysterious Sith Lord in his endeavors to destroy the Jedi Order and wreak havoc within the Galactic Republic. Once the connection between the two had been discovered by the Jedi, Omega traveled to the Valley of the Dark Lords to meet with his Sith benefactor, the Jedi in pursuit. Having tracked Omega to one of the tombs, Kenobi and Skywalker, at the forefront of the search, plunged deeper into the tomb while the other Jedi were held up near the entrance. Soon, the two were assaulted by a horrific stench mere moments before the Korriban zombies lurched out of the depths of the tomb and charged. Skywalker had been momentarily stunned by the appearance of the zombies, having read about the undead but never expecting to encounter them. The Sith Lord had reawakened the zombies to guard the tomb-considered to be sacred Sith ground-and to defend Omega. The creatures attacked the Jedi viciously with blasters and detonators. Kenobi and Skywalker made their way determinedly through the undead, deflecting blaster fire with their lightsabers, avoiding the detonators, and eliminating the reanimated corpses in their path, and continued their chase for Omega while the other Jedi destroyed the remaining zombies.

Sometime after the year 11 ABY, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker-founder of the New Jedi Order during the time of the New Republic-sent Jedi researchers to investigate the ancient Sith homeworld of Korriban. While searching the tomb of Dathka Graush, the researchers discovered a set of recorded logs belonging to a missing pirate freighter named Jynni's Virtue that identified a subsequent encounter with Korriban zombies. According to the logs-the time codes on the logs indicating that the first recording had been made exactly six months before the Battle of Yavin-the freighter had been disabled by an Imperial scout patrol and had been forced to make a crash-landing on the planet, near the Valley of Golg. The captain of Jynni's Virtue, Naz Felyood, explored the valley in search of treasure to plunder and came across Graush's tomb. Determining that Graush's sarcophagus most likely contained great treasure, the Captain removed the Heart of Graush from its resting place. Felyood became possessed by the spirit of Dathka Graush, thereby reawakening the zombie army that was now under his control. Felyood sent the undead to lay siege to the Virtue, and, soon after, First Mate Babbnod Luroon realized that she and the remainder of the crew were unlikely to survive. Luroon ordered Deksi Fivvl, the ship's engineer, to rig the Virtue's engines to blow up the freighter. The resulting explosion destroyed the majority of the zombies laying siege to Jynni's Virtue, as well as disintegrating the vessel and crew.

In addition to finding the recordings, the Jedi researchers found a brief hand-written message believed to be penned by Naz Felyood. In the letter, Felyood recounted the destruction of the Virtue and his subsequent loss of the Heart of Graush. As such, he was no longer possessed by the spirit of Graush; however, he was cursed to wander Korriban, forever immortal, in search of the jewel. The researchers were unable to find any evidence of the Heart or the zombie army and considered the return of Graush's zombie army a threat to anyone who would have landed on the planet. Many also considered it fortunate that Emperor Palpatine-the Sith Lord ruler of the Galactic Empire-had never discovered the secrets to creating or reawakening the undead, thereby leaving the zombies confined to Korriban.

(source: wookiepedia)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2010 4:33:44 PM PDT
L. Canepari says:
where did you get this?
is this part of the new book?

Posted on Sep 29, 2010 5:01:58 PM PDT
NLA says:
Wookipedia... Zombie search. History is mostly from Comic books. Most novels coming out now and in the future are based on Star Wars Comic book storylines.

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 9:41:36 PM PDT
L. Canepari says:
it looks like it might be more vampires then actual zombies thats kinda not going to be as cool if thats so

Posted on Oct 6, 2010 1:18:49 AM PDT
Mikel says:
That sith zombie army story would be a pretty awesome setup for a good read. I always enjoy Star Wars books and stories that delve in to the ancient Sith history. Wish they'd do more books on them and during the Old Republic.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2010 7:11:32 PM PDT
L. Canepari says:
yeah!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2010 12:58:20 AM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
Stupid idea as stupid as travel in star wars.

As stupid as Hayden Vader and Jar Jar Binks, and Greedo shooting first.

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 6:25:38 PM PDT
J. McKew says:
(From Wookiepedia) Red Harvest is a prequel to Death Troopers to be written by Joe Schreiber. Originally titled Black Orchid, the book is set for release on December 28, 2010. A hardcover horror novel, it will reveal the origin of the virus from the original book. On April 23, Sue Rostoni posted on the official site forums that the novel was re-titled due to internal concerns that the title Black Orchid sounded too much like a romance novel.

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 12:10:16 PM PST
I just ordered this on Vine, so hopefully I'll be able to get it fast, read it, and provide a review! Wish me luck!

Posted on Dec 4, 2010 10:02:56 AM PST
Darth Bane says:
i am currently reading death troopers and it is one amazing novel and shatterpoint by matt stover and joe

Posted on Dec 4, 2010 10:06:56 AM PST
Darth Bane says:
here is books i read that i reccomand you read

Path of Destruction (Star Wars: Darth Bane, Book 1)

Rule of Two (Star Wars: Darth Bane, Book 2)

Star Wars: Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil: A Novel of the Old Republic (Star Wars (Del Rey))

Labyrinth of Evil (Star Wars, Episode III Prequel Novel)
Shadow Hunter (Star Wars: Darth Maul)
Cloak of Deception (Star Wars)

Posted on Jan 2, 2011 8:05:05 AM PST
J. Richter says:
OK so this book takes place during The Old Republic? Those are the books I want to read, they reveal so much more about the SW universe.

Posted on Jan 22, 2011 4:29:06 PM PST
L. Canepari says:
yeah this book takes place during the old republic

Posted on Feb 26, 2011 7:00:31 PM PST
R. Barbieri says:
You would think Force users MORE prone to such things. I mean, all this Force power stuff, but "no" on the zombies? C'mon.

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 11:17:02 AM PDT
I liked this book with its ideas of a bio weapon that gets loose and indiscrimnately kills then reaminates corpses. Adding Han and Chewie in there was forced, to me. Enjoyed the second book better. Star Wars: Red Harvest and Star Wars: Death Troopers
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Sep 28, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 19, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars: Red Harvest
Star Wars: Red Harvest by Joe Schreiber (Audio CD - December 28, 2010)
3.2 out of 5 stars (259)